Countdown to the big game and you haven’t got a clue what to serve? No worries. Football parties are super easy to prepare for. Our vision of the perfect party goes something like this-
You’re wearing your favorite jersey, possibly some face paint, and your eatin’ pants. You’ve staked a claim to the best seat on the sectional, and your cold, frosty beverage is sitting there waiting for you. Now as you stand before the massive buffet with plate in hand, you have one thought in your head, “How much food can I heap on this little plate before it buckles and drops everything on the floor?” Let’s face it—football parties are no time to count calories. This is meat, cheese and heat time. Football does not pair well with light and healthy finger foods. No, football demands hot, gooey foods that need an entire hand to grapple from plate to mouth.
With that being said, let’s review some past favorites from the Football Food Hall of Fame:
1. Meatballs in Anything (marinara, cheese or BBQ sauce—yum!)
2. Pigs in a Blanket (or anything else for that matter)
3. Hot Cheese (seriously, just provide melted cheese and your guests will find plenty of ways to use it)
4. Chili in a Crockpot (the only downside to this is having to provide bowls and spoons)
5. Hot Spinach Dip (for the health nuts in the crowd)
6. Nacho Dip (basically this is a fancy version of #3)
7. Hot Wings (they’re messy, but at this point, what isn’t?)
8. Mini Mac & Cheese Bites (pair with #3 and call 911)
Finally, display various chips, pretzels and nuts in football-shaped bowls. Cute, right? See how easy it is to throw a football party? Hope yours is a touchdown. We’d love to see how it turns out, feel free to punt a picture over to our Facebook page!