It doesn’t have to be hard to throw a midwinter party, especially if you follow our easy instructions.
Hot Cocoa Bar
Warm up your guests with a cup of liquid joy.
In addition to the standard toppings, include a few unexpected treats like crushed peppermints, cocoa powder, chili powder and cinnamon.
Peppermint Baileys Irish Cream, Kahlua, Tequila, Schnapps
A perfect match with the cocoa.
- White melting chocolate, melted
- Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, halved
- Pretzel sticks, broken in half
- Orange sprinkles
- Red Hots
Spread melted chocolate on a wax paper covered sheet pan, arrange snowman parts and let cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Break into pieces.
Fruit Tree Tower
A Styrofoam cone, toothpicks and a medley of fruits are all you need to create an edible centerpiece. Surround the base with more fruit and toothpicks for easy eating.
Snowman Veggie Platter
What an easy way to dress up the ubiquitous veggie dip tray.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cider
Set it and forget it.
- 1 liter apple juice
- 1 liter cranberry juice (unsweetened)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- ½ cup sugar
- cinnamon sticks, cranberries, orange and apple slices for garnish
Winter Cranberry Martini
A little something to warm up the adults is always appreciated.
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz cranberry infused simple syrup
- 1 oz vermouth
- Cranberries on a rosemary sprig for garnish
Place ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and strain into a glass.