What comes to mind when you think of Easter? Egg hunts, Easter baskets, and chocolate bunnies? Or maybe an Easter service followed by meaningful conversation with family. No matter how you celebrate, Easter traditions bring people together in comfort and celebration. And one of the best ways to nurture togetherness is around a dining table in perfect spring weather—chatting and bonding with the people you love.
Whether you’re hosting Easter for a party of two or a party of 10, planning your Easter table decor and Easter dinner and Easter brunch menus in advance will allow you to relax and enjoy this special day with your loved ones. Read on to explore Ashley’s simple tips for how to celebrate Easter at home with yummy recipes and beautiful, festive Easter table decor.
Get Inspired With These Easter Brunch Ideas
Hosting Easter brunch and needing some culinary inspiration? Welcome spring to your table with an eclectic, easygoing Easter brunch menu filled with breakfast classics and lunchtime favorites. Fluffy banana pancakes and french toast are universally loved Easter brunch ideas, and quick and healthy lunch options like a fruit salad with tasty lemon chicken will keep everyone happily munching. Check out this recipe for banana rabbit pancakes that kids and adults will equally adore, then hop on over to our easter Pinterest board for additional Easter brunch menu ideas!
Banana Rabbit Pancakes
- 2 large bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Puree bananas in blender until smooth. Add eggs, then pulse until combined. Then pulse in flour.
- Lightly grease nonstick 12 inch skillet or griddle, then heat on medium heat for one minute.
- For each bunny: 1/4 cup batter for body, 2 tablespoons batter for head,1 tablespoon batter for each foot, 1 tablespoon batter for each ear.
- Drop batter into your pan or griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn when bubbling and edges begin to dry and turn up.
- Cook 1-2 additional minutes until underside is golden-brown, then keep warm on cookie sheet in preheated oven.
- Assemble bunny then garnish with whipped cream and coconut for tail and banana slices and chocolate chips for feet
Building the Perfect Easter Dinner Menu
Skipping hosting Easter brunch this year and just need ideas for how to host Easter dinner? We got you! Keep it simple by focusing on tasty but hassle-free Easter dinner ideas. You can go traditional with a honey-baked ham, scalloped potatoes, and carrot cake. Or start new traditions with a modern Easter dinner menu that perfectly suits the tastes of your family and friends. We recommend you try out fun yet simple dishes such as pancetta-wrapped pork roast, honey-glazed carrots, and lemon curd. When it comes to how to host Easter, the easier the prep the better the party! That’s why we are in love with this simple one sheet pan Easter hack. Get your cooking done all in one go so you can spend more time with family and friends and less time in the kitchen.
Sheet Pan Easter Dinner
- 4 ham steaks
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1/2 pound brussel sprouts halved
- 4 thinly-sliced potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Arrange ham, asparagus, brussel sprouts, and potatoes on sheet tray.
- Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, thyme.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until everything starts to brown.
Selecting the Best Easter Table Decor
Now that you’ve finished your menu, it’s time for the super fun part: making your Easter table fabulous! Whether you’re planning a formal indoor event or taking it outside to enjoy the beautiful spring weather, Easter decor brings life to your Easter festivities. Check out our brightly colored glassware, bunny figurines, faux flowers in vases for Easter centerpieces, floral dinner plates, spring candle holders, and cute serving trays that will take your Easter party to the next level.
Building the Best Easter Baskets
No Easter celebration is complete without Easter baskets. And YES—you can even create Easter baskets as party favors for adults! Pick out Easter basket ideas that include beautiful gifts that your guests will want to display in their homes all year long. Floral wreaths, candle holders, and colorful wine glasses pair perfectly with gorgeous display baskets. Your guests will never forget these thoughtful, handpicked gifts or the wonderful time they had at your Easter party.
We’re social! Tag us on Instagram at #MyAshleyHome for a chance to be featured on our page. For more Easter ideas as well as inspiration for all your home renovations and projects, check out our Pinterest boards.