Bohemian chic is more popular than ever–it’s such a fun style chock full of color and countless design options. One thing especially rings true as a requirement for boho style, though, and that’s comfort. In fashion, it’s free and flowy clothes, with a widespread eclectic array that melds the artistic and unconventional. The very same can be said about the boho aesthetic in interior design.
If you’re feeling the need to satisfy your bohemian vibes, we’ve got ideas on how to go boho in 3 rooms: the dining room, living room and bedroom.
Dining Room Bohemian Beauty
- Set the scene with a gorgeous multicolored table runner, and accentuate it with bright solid placemats.
- Having a vintage-inspired dining room set, including a table, upholstered and cushioned chairs, or even a bench, helps add to the eclectic, weathered finish that’s popular in boho style.
- For added storage, a dining room server is a go-to solution to place vibrant china, tableware and accents.
- An organic-looking centerpiece is key to maintaining thef free-flowing design of the room.
- Go with bold patterns for your rug, and you’ll be rewarded with lasting durability and added eccentricity under your feet.
- Find wall art or wall decor pieces that bring the entire look together.
- Classic accents, such as a pendant light or the closet doors featured in the video, add such a soothing, unconventional vibe to the room.
- Gather eclectic items together such as vases, jars, candle holders, and napkin rings to form a colorful–yet still cohesive–aesthetic.
- Use a tray with artificial fruit to add color and texture to your dining room.
Living Room Boho Beauty
- Boho doesn’t always have to be in your face. Choose a color and use it in understated pops for a beautiful, chic finish.
- Picking a dark or neutral color for your seating allows you to mix and match palettes.
- Antiqued and distressed accents such as mirrors, wall clocks, wall art and rugs complement the flowy and vintage origins of bohemian style.
- You can’t go wrong with adding greenery and plant life into your space for that organic feel.
- Lighting is so important to add brightness and illuminate your space in a warm, inviting glow.
- Experiment with pairing textured wooden furniture with grain and different finishes for an authentic boho look. Clean finishes won’t elicit the same effect.
- Accessorize with elegant detailing for visual interest that complements the eclecticism in the room.
- At the end of the day, it’s all about comfort–so incorporate throws, poufs and pillows for those feel-good, snuggly vibes.
Bedroom Boho Beauty
- Your bedroom is your safe space, so keep that in mind when you accessorize. A fashionable chandelier and antiqued goldtone mirror look upscale while still maintaining that hint of boho flair.
- Mismatched furniture is ultra-cool and unconventional, so look for neutrals in an ottoman or nightstand that flow together well.
- Having a table lamp is not only practical, but it adds a warm, inviting light source in your bedroom for the illusion of a larger space.
- Play with colorful bedding sets for an easy way to transform your room and to accentuate different palettes.
- Introduce differing textures and colors with a pouf, rug or throw for that creative, artsy finish.
- Make your storage fashionable by utilizing these vintage-style birdcage accents and jewelry boxes for a flowy, organic-feeling space.
- A metal headboard draws attention to your bed and reinforces a boho vintage vibe anyone would love coming home to.
We’d love to see your boho style. Use the hashtag #MyAshleyHome for a chance to get featured on our Instagram.