Your hair. Your car. Your AC unit. What do these three things have in common? They all need maintenance to keep in tip-top shape.
Same goes for your sofa cushions. If you want your sofa, loveseat or sectional to be sitting pretty for years to come, a little cushion care goes a long way.
Like fluffing up the pillow you sleep on night after night, sometimes you have to “fluff up” sofa cushions by manipulating the cushion fibers. It’s easy. Here’s how…
For the seat cushions:
- Remove the cushions from the sofa. Unzip the cushion covers and get your arm way down in there.
- Run your hand along the outside of the cushion insert to fluff the fibers.
- Zip the cushion cover and run your hand up and down both sides of the outside of the cushion for a smooth and square finish.
- Put the seat cushions back in place and gently pull at the cushion corners to align the cushions.
For the back cushions:
- Use both hands simultaneously to pat down the cushions thoroughly and evenly.
- If your back cushions are removable, pat down both sides. And if they’re zippered, feel free to ruffle the inside.
- Once you’ve patted the cushions sufficiently, gently tug at the corners of the cushions for a crisp, like-new appearance.
That’s all there is to it.