As the air turns crisp and the leaves change color, another exciting event takes place: football season kicks off into full gear! Fans around the country prepare to cheer on their teams. There’s nothing quite like sitting back with your favorite beverage, chomping down on delicious snacks, and rooting for your favorite team with family and friends.
In fact, sharing football with fellow enthusiasts is half the fun of watching the game. So this year— if you’re thinking of throwing a football watch party— we’ve got you covered. Huddle up and learn how to throw the perfect football party with tips on seating, decor, and, of course, the best eats.
The Best Seating for a Watch Party
One of the most important ways to make your guests feel at home during your sports watch party is by investing in the ideal living room seating.
When choosing your seating arrangement, you’ll want to go big or go home. As you consider your living room or den’s layout, make sure to consider the following:
- Ample seating options to ensure that no one is left standing: The more seating, the better when it comes to hosting a watch party. You’ll want to focus on large furniture pieces that provide enough space for everyone to stretch out.
- Comfortable seats that are inviting: Oversized loveseats, large recliners, and leather sectionals are all perfect picks for game day. These seats will leave your guests relaxed and focused on the game.
- A good view of the game from all seats: Make sure that your seating is arranged to allow for the best view of the TV. Everyone should be able to see each replay in full detail. If need be, upgrade your entertainment center to make better use of the space.
- Room for drinks and snacks: What’s a watch party without delicious food and drinks? Make sure that coffee tables and built-in cup holders provide plenty of space for refreshments.
The good news is that there are numerous home theater seating options that fulfill these needs. For example, the Game Zone dual power reclining loveseat with console is the perfect choice for pairing comfort and convenience. Your guests will be able to recline in comfort and will enjoy having a built-in cupholder for their favorite drink.
If you plan to host a large crowd, a reclining sectional will score big with guests. Ample room to spread out makes it comfortable for everyone and ensures that no one is stuck sitting on a folding chair in the corner. With a built-in table, cup holders, and USB ports, this set-up is made for game day.
Food to Bring to a Football Watch Party
Every good football watch party is backed by the best party snacks. The key to your football munchies is to focus on foods that are not only delicious but easy to grab during the heat of the game. Think finger foods and shareables.
If you’re looking for the perfect menu, use the following list to please the whole crowd:
- Buffalo wings: Is it really a football party if you don’t serve these spicy bites? Don’t forget to pair your wings with zesty ranch and bold blue cheese dressing.
- Loaded nacho bar: Let everyone get creative with a loaded nacho bar. Tortilla chips and melted queso act as the base for this savory treat, and from here, get creative with topping choices. Jalapenos, tomatoes, onions, olives, taco meat, black beans, and more can all be laid out for guests to put together their own preferred concoction.
- Homemade french onion dip: Ditch the store-bought onion dip and make your own. Looking for inspiration? Try out this easy recipe that implements sour cream, lemon juice, and fresh shallots.
- Spicy sweet deviled eggs: Not only are deviled eggs a mainstay of football parties, but this fun recipe includes decorating each egg with chives to turn them into miniature football bites!
- Juicy Lucy sliders: If you love grilling up burgers on game day, this take on a classic will leave your mouth watering. Mold your hamburger meat into small sliders and stuff the center of each burger with the cheese of your choice. Each bite will deliver gooey, cheesy perfection.
- The ultimate veggie platter: For a healthy touch, get to work slicing and dicing. Baby carrots, broccoli, celery sticks, cauliflower, green bell peppers, cucumbers, and tomato slices are all the perfect picks for a homemade veggie platter. Consider pairing your veggies with not only a bowl of ranch but some hummus for an extra healthy option.
- DIY pizzas: Ahead of the game, put together an assortment of popular pizza toppings. Think bowls of pepperonis, mushrooms, olives, and peppers. When your guests arrive, let everyone throw the toppings of their choosing onto individual-size pizzas. Bake these up during the first quarter and serve piping hot.
In addition to these delectable party bites, make sure you also prepare for game day with plenty of beverage options. Instead of having guests traipse to and from your kitchen every time they want a refill, consider stocking a few large beverage coolers in your game day room.
Score With These Party Decor Ideas
Your guests have a cozy place to recline and are nomming down on the best bites, but don’t forget to add that special extra touch to the space. The right decorations help turn a normal living space into the ultimate game-day center.
When picking home theater decor, look for pieces that reflect the spirit of game day and pair well with your home’s style. Don’t forget to upgrade the room with extra shelving options that are perfect for showcasing your favorite sports memorabilia.
For wall decor, have fun implementing trendy pieces that will make your home the envy of your guests. Consider opting for bold and fun pieces, like a Cheers Wall Art designed out of scrap metal.
Bonus DIY Decor!
Banners and foam fingers will provide an extra festive flair. And football field-themed tablecloths will turn your food spread into the ultimate game day zone.
If you’re feeling crafty, you can even design your own football-themed mason jars. Grab some paint and get to work designing each jar to reflect the end zone, footballs, and more. Give your guests a picture-perfect opportunity with a photo booth complete with football-themed props. Finally, add an extra touch by adding some pillows and throws in the color theme of your team.
Now, all that’s left to do is invite the guests and get ready to cheer your team to victory. Be sure to stop by your local Ashley Furniture store or hop online to find everything you need to make your party picture perfect. And don’t forget to share your football watch party layout on social media. We can’t wait to see how you cheer on the home team!