After a long winter cooped up indoors, it’s time to dust off the cobwebs and freshen up your home for spring. Spring cleaning may seem like a daunting task, but it’s completely manageable (and even fun!) if you just take it one room at a time.
We’ve created a free, printable spring cleaning checklist that will help you make every space sparkle, while also giving you that special feeling of spring cleaning satisfaction.
Product Inspo: Check out our bestselling and beautiful Ashley HomeStore product suggestions to help you organize every room in your home. Keeping organized year-round will cut down on the amount of spring cleaning you’ll need to tackle each year (which we can all agree is a wonderful thing!)
Spring Cleaning Supplies
- Microfiber cleaning cloths
- Bucket filled with warm, soapy water
- Vacuum cleaner
- Scrub brush
DO THIS IN EVERY ROOM
We recommend you start by completing the following tasks in every room of your home. It’ll help with momentum and morale to tackle these universal cleans first, instead of having to repeat the same tasks each time you enter a new room.
- Dust cabinets, light fixtures, room corners, fans, and furniture
- Wipe window coverings and clean windows
- Clean and sanitize handles, knobs, switches, and doors
- Vacuum and mop all floors
- Wipe baseboards
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they’re working properly
Product Inspo: Honey-Can-Do 8-Piece Chrome Wire Wall Grid with Storage Accessories
Say goodbye to countertop and drawer clutter! This bestselling wall grid keeps your small items and accessories organized and is the perfect vertical storage solution for every room.
- Dust all cabinets and storage
- Wipe down outside and inside of washer and dryer
- Remove detergent dispensers and scrub
- Vacuum dryer vent
- Clean and sanitize laundry baskets
- Wipe down and organize laundry supplies
Product Inspo: Honey-Can-Do Deluxe Quad Sorter with Mesh Bags
Keep your whites, darks, and delicates organized and ready for washing with this mobile, practical, and cute laundry sorter.
- Scrub and disinfect bathtub, shower, curtains/doors
- Clean shower, tub, and sink drains
- Clean and sanitize toilet
- Clean and disinfect sinks
- Wipe all countertops and front of cabinets
- Wipe down mirrors
- Organize your bathroom cleaning supplies
- Organize your linen closet and all contents
Product Inspo: Kalalou Metal Fish Shaped Towel Rack
Does it get cuter than this fish-shaped towel organizer? We think not! Six sturdy hooks provide plenty of room for towels, suits and so much more.
- Organize pantry and cabinets
- Throw away any expired food and donate nonperishables you don’t want
- Clean furniture
- Wipe down backsplash
- Wipe countertops and cabinets
- Remove food from fridge and freezer and sanitize the interior
- Clean stove and oven
- Clean dishwasher filter and wipe down inside
- Clean microwave
- Organize all kitchen cleaning supplies
Product Inspo: Home Basics Over the Sink Counter Kitchen Station
Does the sight of a cluttered counter make you cringe? This cute kitchen station keeps clutter at bay and provides space-saving storage for all your kitchen staples and dishwashing essentials.
- Organize storage cabinets and media consoles
- Wipe electronics
- Wash throw pillows and blankets
- Vacuum sofa, chairs, and rugs
Product Inspo: Simpli Home Avalon Extra Large Storage Ottoman with Trays
This multipurpose, elegant ottoman serves as an eating surface, a storage unit, and a place to put your feet up—making this a top choice for a pretty, practical piece of furniture.
- Wipe down furniture
- Organize storage and closets
- Donate unwanted, gently-used clothing and bedding
- Wash sheets, blankets, pillows
- Flip or rotate mattress
Product Inspo: EasyFit Closet Storage Solutions 48″-96″ W Truffle Closet System
Get organized with this easy-to-install closet kit! This closet system can be cut to fit your desired width and hangs on a wall-mounted steel rail for easy installation.